Thursday, June 26, 2008

Organic Produce

It has been almost a year since changing over to a vegetarian diet and it has been great. What has been difficult is finding good selections of organic produce to use. Sure, Super Walmart has a few items and Shoprite has a somewhat decent selection. Acme is the closest grocery store to me. They have a very limited selection.
I was traveling quite a distance to go to Whole Foods and Trader Joes. I wish they would build one of those nearer to me. I found out there is a local organic farm pretty close to me. I was so happy until I found that they were not taking anymore customers this season. They were filled up.
Then, last week someone told me about Suburban Organics. I was so excited to find out about this program. You can become a home delivery client or join a co-op. The benefit of joining a co-op is you save money. There was a co-op in my town already so I signed up for that. I received my first order yesterday. How convenient! All organic fruits and vegetables. Also, organic dairy! You place your order without leaving home and pick it up on the day assigned. So simple. The produce is top quality. I am so thrilled at how time saving this is for me.
Avoid pesticides and chemicals in the produce you give your family to eat. Avoid hormones and antibiotics in the dairy products your family consumes. Suburban Organics delivers to NJ, DE, PA and MD. Check them out!

1 comment:

  1. I really need to check this out.
    It would be so convenient but I would hate to wind up with more produce than I need & have it go to waste.

    ReplyDelete