Thursday, June 12, 2008

Cancer Update and a Mommy Brag

I went to the oncologist on Wednesday. The good news...my blood work looks good, the scan showed that there has been nosignificant change in my pelvis, abdomen and chest areas. The bad news...there is growth of the cancer seen in my neck area. That was not a surprise. I was expecting to hear that since I can feel the lymph nodes enlarging there. The good part of the bad news...the growth is not severe enough to need treatment at this time.
So, I can continue on "watch and wait" with no treatment at this time. I will go back in 3 months unless I start feeling worse or have more symptoms or feel lymph nodes becoming too large. This was pretty much what I was expecting to hear, so I am happy.
My youngest son's promotion ceremony was this evening. He is going from the elementary school to the jr./sr. high school. What a blessing that was to see. At this time last year, my middle son was promoted and I was in treatment. Very glad I did not need to be in treatment this time. My prayer is I will be here to witness my daughter's promotion to jr./sr. high too.
A little Mommy brag moment here...My son had straight A's all year and won a special award for academic achievement in Social Studies. He was also voted "Most Musical" in his class.
WTG to my Doodlebug! I'm so proud of you!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your little one and the awesome "A's"! Love the violin pictures below..they are beautiful.
    You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane,

    That is good news. I've been thinking about you.

    Wow ... straight A's. That is wonderful.

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane i will pray for you to keep the cancer at bay!!!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete