Thursday, September 20, 2007

My Life Flashed Before my Eyes Today

What made my life flash before my eyes today? Did it have to do with me having non-hodgkins follicular lymphoma? No.
My 17 year old son, who has his driver's permit took me for a drive for the first time today. He has had his permit for a couple of months but today was the first time I brought myself to drive with him. My husband has taken him out many times but today was my first.
It is a strange feeling having your child drive you for the first time. Im not sure who was more nervous, him or me. When we got into the car, Jacob said to me, "Mom, now don't freak out or anything."
He knows me so well. But not well enough...as he was pulling out of the driveway I couldn't help myself. I screamed "AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!" He slammed on the breaks and looked at me with an expression of panic. I turned to him and said, " You mean don't freak out like that?"
BAHAHAHAHA he didn't think it was as funny as I did.
Seriously though, he did well and my life didn't really flash before my eyes but I thought it would make a dramatic title for this post. :)

1 comment:

  1. This CRACKED me up. I've got it put away in my brain for next year..when Ev gets her permit. LOL



    Muah,
    Lise

    ReplyDelete