Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Change of Plans

Today I was supposed to go for my first Rituxan maintnance infusion. I have changed my mind and decided to "watch and wait". It is so hard to know what the right course of treatment is. For now I feel at peace with this decision. I will go to my oncologist every three months and get scanned at 6 months to check on tumor growth. Hopefully there wont be any new tumor growth at my next scan.
As I mentioned in my last post...I have changed my way of eating. There are a lot of testimonies out there about a raw foods diet possibly helping to reverse cancer in a person. I figure, even if it doesn't help reverse the cancer at least I will be eating healthier and lose some weight and my kids will be healthier too.
My daughter seems to have been a natural born vegetarian as she has never been much of a fan of meat. At 12 months old she would munch on a leaf of lettuce but had no interest in a piece of chicken nugget. So this change is no big deal to her since she pretty much has been a vegetarian for her 5 years of life already by natural choice.
My boys on the other hand are still adjusting...

No comments:

Post a Comment