Sunday, September 16, 2007

Becoming a Health Food Junkie

Soooooo, I have decided to change my way of eating. Not just my way of eating but my whole family's. We have gone vegetarian. We have cut out meats from our diet and I will slowly be changing over to a mostly all raw foods diet.
It has been 1 week and my kids are still alive and not only that, I made a meal tonight that all of them liked except one. 5 out of 6 is not bad at all. It was called black bean pie and I think it will become one of our regular transition meals.
My oldest son, age 17, is not thrilled with this change to a vegeatarian diet. I was snooping through his cell phone pictures and found that he has taken a picture of each dinner to show his friends what I am making him eat. What I am torturing him with. Hehe Last night was apricot lentil soup and I have to admit the picture looks like vomit. lol
I am juicing carrot apple juice every day and drinking it. I about gagged when I smelled it under my nose when I took my first sip. Keep in mind that I have never liked carrots, raw or cooked. But once I got over the smell I was very surprised at how tasty it is.
I have found out that I like lettuce and tomato sandwiches on flaxseed bread. I have found out that I can eat bean sprouts in my salad and not think about eating grass. My goal is to eventually be eating a completely organic. vegan, raw foods diet.
I had a short period a few years ago where I went to a vegetarian diet. I enojyed it but slowly fell off the vegetarian cart. I have a whole new inspiration now, healing for me and preventing cancer in my own children.
Yes, I am now one of "THOSE" people. A health food nut.

No comments:

Post a Comment