Thursday, June 9, 2011

Surgery - Lymph Node Biopsy and Power Port

Yesterday I had a power port installed into my chest for chemotherapy. I also had two enlarged lymph nodes removed from my neck to have biopsied to make sure we are still battling the same kind of cancer, follicular non-hodgkins lymphoma. This type of cancer is slow growing but can transform into a more aggressive type of non-hodgkins lymphoma. 
To update, I was diagnosed over 4 years ago. I have had many rounds of immunotherapy (Rituxan) over these years and now I will be starting chemo (CVP+R) tomorrow.
I know I haven't updated on here much on the past couple of years about the cancer. It is still there and growing. It has gotten to the point I am in discomfort and have trouble sleeping from the pain. Cancerous nodes are protruding out of my neck and CT/PET scans shows it throughout my neck and abdomen. 
So yesterday a new journey began with the surgery for the port where they will inject the poison into my blood close to my hearty so it will spread through my body quickly. Tomorrow I will spend all day at the cancer center poisoning my body so that I can get better, at least for a while, since we know this will not cure me of this cancer. I am hoping to get a few good years after this chemo where maybe I wont need any treatment for a while.
So, tomorrow....the fight is on!

4 comments:

  1. Jane, I am so sorry I am not around to be there for you. My prayers are with you and those of my family. I was telling my mom about you and she has put you on her prayer list. I also went out to lunch with Alishia and we talked about you and said how awesome your are...lol Keep your spirits high and let me know if there is anything I can do to help out.


    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane, you will do great. My port incision was small too. So you got lucky with that. After a while you can t even see it. Im here!!!! always!!!!!!!!1

    Brenda (Bren)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Brenda! I might be calling you to vent in the up coming days. Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete