Friday, June 17, 2011

First Blood

I had my first blood draw from my power port in my chest today. It went very smoothly. They use a spray to freeze your skin so that it won't hurt so much when they pop into the port. Once they access it, it is a breeze. Hurts a bit when they remove the access but just for a second.


So don't be afraid of a port if you need one. It is better then blood draws in the arm, so much better then getting jabbed in the hand or arm for treatments and they can do it all in the one stick.


I have a new script for anti-nausea med. I am hoping I won't even need it. After the way the last one made me feel...I'd rather be queasy.


I was feeling real well today. I started doing Wii Fit to keep myself exercising during chemo. I recommend it to any chemo patient.








- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment