Thursday, November 1, 2007

Jane's Vegetarian Chili

The week I needed to make dinner and didn't have a lot in the house to work with. I did have some cans of beans, 4 ounces of Monteray Jack Cheese, an onion, a green pepper and a jar of medium taco sauce.
So I mixed it all together and made chili. WOW, it turned out delicious. It was a little too spicey for me but perfect for my husband. I had some non-fat plain yogurt in the fridge. I added that to mine and it made it just right for me.
I made it again last night and we loved it just as much.

1 can of kidney beans
1 can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 green pepper chopped
1 onion chopped
1 jar of taco sauce
4 oz. monteray jack cheese, diced up or grated
1/4 cup non-fat plain yogurt (optional)

I put the beans in a pot with the taco sauce and had that heating up on medium heat. chop the onion and green pepper. Add the onion and pepper. While that is cooking dice or grate the cheese. After the onions and peppers have cooked in the beans for a little while, add the cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.
Scoop into bowls and drop yogurt on top if desired. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment