Friday, November 30, 2007

Good News!

I went for my check up with the Oncologist this week. Good news to report. The scan showed that the cancer has not spread at all. There has been minor changes but nothing of significance. Nothing that would indicate that the lymphoma has progressed.
My blood tests came back good also. I just need to continue with iron and B-12 supplements twice a day.
I have graduated to getting a scan in 6 months instead of 3 months, which is very good in the light of a recent study that shows that multiple ct scans can cause cancer. That put people with lymphoma in a bind since we very often rely on scans for tracking the cancer and if it is spreading or growing. I can not worry about that however, I am just glad that I have 6 months before my next scan and I have until March before I need to set foot back at the cancer center. As long nothing changes ofcourse.
Thank you for all the support and encouraging words from all of you. Please continue to keep me in your thoughts and prayers. It is very much appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. WOOOHOOOO!!! That is Awesome. I am so happy and relieved for you. God is answering my prayers. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane,

    Here's a great big hug (with tears in my eyes) for my friend that I think the world of!

    What wonderful news! I am so happy for you!

    Now get busy and take a bunch of pictures! You're so talented!

    Love,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete