Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Anxiety

This is the night before my last infusion of my 4 week treatment with Rituxan. Each night before the infusion I have trouble sleeping and feel a lot of anxiety. I can't imagine the anxiety I will be feeling after I wait 8 weeks, get scans and am about to go back to the Oncologist to find out what if any effect the Rituxan has had on my Lymphoma.

Oncology nurses are some of the most amazing people. What a emotionally draining job that must be for them. As I sit hooked up to IV recieving my infusion, I often hear the nurses gently talking to patients who have so many questions and fears. Often they are afraid of treatment and the nurses are encouraging. Then you have the cancer patients, usually those who have been through this a while, that take it all in stride with such possitive attitudes. Im sure they have their bad days, their ups and downs, like everyone else. But you can see the interaction between them and the nurses, the joking and light-hearted conversations, those patients put pep in the step of the onc nurses. They brighten their day.

So kudos to those onc nurses and kudos to the possitive bright patients and kudos to those patients who are struggling but are brave enough to face their cancer, it is easier to live in denial then to face it and fight it.

I have no photos specifically for today so I'm just going to share a picture of Joker, our cat, because he makes me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment