Wednesday, March 5, 2008

New Recipe

I'm not sure what to call this. Mexican Bake? It was delicious. I don't usually measure things out much. I kind of just go by look and feel so the measurements are estimates. This is one the kids enjoyed too, well, my younger two did. My older two are tired of beans.

Mix together all of the following in a bowl
2 cans chili beans (or dried and soaked)
1 can corn
1 chopped onion
1 tsp chopped cilantro
1 can of tomatoes (can subsitute with salsa)
1 tsp cumin
chili powder to taste

spread into a glass baking pan

on top pour corn bread mix. You can use a box mix or the following, which is yummy.

1 cup yellow corn meal
1 cup flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp sugar (not neccessary)
2 tbsp olive oil
1 cup milk (I used almond milk)
mix and spread on top of bean mixture in the glass pan.

Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until the corn bread in done

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment