Friday, January 25, 2008

The Date

My husband and I went on a date last weekend. It isn't often we get to do that. Our plan was to go to eat and then see the movie The Bucket List.
Since we have become vegetarians, and most recently I have changed over to vegan...it makes it difficult to find places to eat at in our area that can occommodate our diet. We decided to try Ruby Tuesday's. We had been told that they offer a nice salad bar with organic greens. They also offer a vegetarian burger.
On our way there a seagull flies down and lands in the road a ways in front of us. My husband, thinking he was being funny, sped up as if he was trying to run the seagull over. In his mind the bird would ofcourse fly off before he got to him. Well, the seagull did fly up and FLEW RIGHT INTO OUR WINDSHIELD!
As many know, I am a huge animal lover. I was terribly upset by the situation and angry at my husband. However, since we were on our way to having an evening to ourselves I tried to hold back my feelings but I couldn't stop he tears. Jim kept saying, "I'm sorry! I thought it would fly away!" Then he would add "but it was too stupid!" Ugh!
As we get to Ruby Tuesday's I am still wiping tears away. We are seated and I ask the waitress what is in their vegetarian burgers. She didn't know and went to ask the manager for me. He didn't know either so he came out to our table with large piece of cardboard box from the freezer with the ingredients on the side. This made me giggle and perked me up a little. The burger was okay, a bit dry but it was fair.
With me being upset about the bird, Jim decided it probably wouldn't be a good idea to see The Bucket list, a movie about two cancer patients who are dying. So he suggested Atonement, a movie that he been reported as being the most romantic movie of the century...however, what we didn't know is both main characters die in the end of the movie...haha oh well, so much for happy endings!
Now that the evening is over and a few days have past, I can find humor in the evening. Oh, and by the way, I thought Atonement sucked. It started out pretty good but the second half of the movie drug by. One scene went on for so long and was so boring I thought I was going to pull my hair out. Do yourself a favor and read the book, skip the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment