Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Jane's Vegetarian Burritos

My family's conversion to vegetarianism is getting easier. Last night I made a vegetarian meal that my teenage sons devoured. I haven't gotten many rave reviews from my 17 year old son on the vegetarian meals but he loved this one.

Black Bean and Spinach Burritos
However, if kids have an aversion to the words "beans" and "spinach" then just call them vegetarian burritos.

2 cans of black beans
1 can of corn
1 cup salsa (homemade or jarred)
2 tsp. cumin or 1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 pkg frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained

I mashed 1 can of the beans up and then mixed everything in a skillet on medium heat. Cooked until heated through and mixed well.
Have topping you want available. Grated cheese, onions, lettuce, taco sauce ect...wrap in tortillas and enjoy.
*If you like sour cream in your burritos, a healthier option is non fat plain yogurt. You'd be surprised how good of a replacement that is to sour cream.
This recipe would work fine for hard of soft tacos too.

1 comment: