Monday, August 13, 2007

Reasons for Hope

There are so many ups and downs in dealing with this cancer. Over the past few weeks I have felt the enlarged nodes in my head, neck and chest go down to what feels to me close to normal size. So, I was terribly surprised to find a rather large lump in my abdomen the other night. The largest one I have felt thus far. Why are they going down in one area and growing larger in another? That is not a question that I have an answer to yet.
Just as many articles can stir up fears in follicular lymphoma cancer patients of it being incurable, dying an early death, ect... I am also reading many more that are able to stir up hope. More and more treatments coming along that are giving follicular patients longer and longer response times and even remissions. Today I read of treatment with Bexxar again. Trials have been done that shows a few years of remission after treatments with Rituxan and convention chemotherapy stops working. There are many treatment options available and more and more becoming available each year. It is very good to read such articles that give hope in available treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment